Wolf Lake Aug 25, 2012



 Visited a friend's cottage today on Wolf Lake north of Baldwin. I didn't expect to be able to paddle due to an upper back injury that kept me in in extreme pain all last weekend. But apparently it was a pinched nerve rather than a torn ligament as the doctor thought. I was able to paddle without pain, so it looks like I cancelled three kayak trips this past week that I could have gone to. At least I was able spend time with the wife and some good friends and do a little paddling on the lake.
Wolf Lake is a fairly small and shallow lake- about 3 miles in circumference.  It is mostly lined with private seasonal cottages with only a couple of areas that are undeveloped.
Boat traffic was low on the lake for a weekend. Apparently not many people came up this weekend, so we didn't have to dodge jetskiis and speedboats pulling tubes and skiers.
I took the Old Town kayak again so Vicki could try it out. She seemed pleased with the way it handled, and said it was much easier to paddle than the Future Beach kayak.
The sky was mostly clear all day, and the temps were in the low 90's again. A strong breeze kept it from being too uncomfortable.

No pain afterward except for a little sunburn. Looks like I should be able to do the Pine and Manistee rivers at the Paddlers Rendezvous at the end of September. The next three weeks will need to be spent preparing for Kelli's wedding.

Miles paddled today: 3.75. Year to date: 177 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment